Sunday 30 March 2014

Runabout


Ive been having a really busy few weeks on a big project that involves me moving house. So I need a new (old) car to do the commute, which is now a lot longer than it used to be. I think I might get a Citroen BX because it can do 65 MPG on the motorway. And also it was designed in the late 70s / early 80s by one of my favourite designers, Bertoni. It started life as the Reliant FW11 and then turned into the Volvo Tundra but both concept cars were rejected until Citroen nicked it in 1982:



UPDATE: I bought a MK3 Golf instead

1 comment:

  1. My dad had a Citroen BX16, it smelled of dog piss and drove about the same as my mum's GS Club from 1975. It also took about 90 seconds to pump itself up in the morning after a cold start, so make sure you have a coffee thermos handy...

    ReplyDelete