Sunday 21 February 2010

Quad Eight
































There's a beautiful Q8 console on the bay today. It's in Shelburne, MA, US, and is curently just $100. More info in the comms

Apparently Quad Eight are really up there with the best, though I've never used one. This one looks great, if a bit tatty. I have to say it looks older than 1982, more like '72

Here is a really good article about the history of Q8, Sphere and Electrodyne consoles that appeared in Tape Op mag, by Larry DeVivo

1 comment:

  1. Vintage 1982 Quad Eight 16 channel console for parts or restoration only. Needs work. Been in storage for several years. I have never powered it up; it needs a power supply, which I bought new for it, but I am not a technician and cannot afford the time or money to restore the console or the preamp modules, most or all of which do not work. Has 14 of the nice MM71 mic pre/channels, most of which have AM-4 opamps, several Jensen tranformers, and is a complete console (except for two channels which I am keeping), and a top for the meter bridge.

    This console needs a tech to restore it or the modules, but there are 14 MM71 mic pre modules. These are worth money if they are restored. I removed 2 of the modules that were working, had a bipolar 28 volt power supply built for them, and use them for vocals, drums, and electric guitar. The modules have Gliss faders.

    I have pinout diagrams for the modules.

    This console is local pickup only; it is heavy

    ReplyDelete